Thursday, March 19, 2009

Talk of the Town at Home and Garden Show

"Talk of the Town" is planning to hold a special two-hour broadcast at the Walker County Home and Garden Show at 2 p.m. Friday, March 27, that will be simulcast on both WJLX and its FM sister station. It will be our first remote broadcast, our first two-hour show and our first time to be simulcast on both the stations. We are trying to get guests lined up for the show, which I understand should be broadcast from near the center of the Jasper Mall. (Considering how some guests have cancelled or gotten lost in the past week or so, this may be the first publicly broadcast nervous breakdown in history, but hopefully it will go well.)

Hopefully, if you show up to watch, you might get a chance to ask some questions yourself on the air. I was just sitting here thinking we should have a giveaway to people who come up watch. Of course, I've seen a lot of cheap things given away at things like this. (I suggest we give away Brett Elmore to the first one who wants him. That's about as cheap as it gets.)

Also, we have smoothed out problems with the live stream on www.walkercountyradio.com so that you should be able to stream it, at least if you have high speed Internet. It will continue to be archived by suppertime and available for a full week for each broadcast.

It is a gamble to say who will be on because of breaking news and cancellations but some highlights we are planning for include Carbon Hill Chris Hart today (Friday) and Cordova Mayor Jack Scott on April 1. Dora Mayor Chris Edwards is set for April 15. I would also like to point out two Christian-themed guests that I hope you will especially tune in to, as they are personal friends I recommend: Christian youth speaker and author Jarrod Jones (www.jarrodjones.com) on March 25 (my birthday) and singer Mark Baynes (www.markbaynes.com) on April 7.

Hopefully, you'll like what we are doing on the broadcast, and I would love to hear feedback.

Also, I hope you will visit around on my Web site at www.edhowellcommunications.com and realize I can handle some of your photography, Web site and other communication needs. I will be upfront with you and help you to fit a project to within your budget. We're all tight on our spending these days, and I can do you a bargain job without sacrificing quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment